I was happy to stumble upon an article on Martha Stewart's sister-site, Whole Living, that centered on ideas for inexpensive, eco-friendly home decorating ideas. A couple of the ideas included in the article that I thought were particularly nice were the use of upcycled, knitted sweaters as seat covers and the use of a collection of old, glass bottles as a centerpiece. You can find these and 23 other ideas at http://www.wholeliving.com/photogallery/top-ten-green-myths?#slide_3
In keeping with the kinship of the Etsy artisan community, I am happy to highlight a few of the beautiful upcycled products that are currently for sale! Like what you see? Search for "upcycled" at www.Etsy.com for other items and artists. Please check back here for "green" updates and more Etsy featured artists and products!
Shop: CreativeCorksNMore
Product: Upcycled Beautiful Blue Mason Jar Solar Light Hanging Lantern
Artist's Note: "We have recently become involved in green crafting. We like to say "garbage has feelings too." We work mostly with cork and basic crafting medias. Most everything we use is recycled and re-purposed."
Shop: MonkeysAlwaysLook
Product: Personalized Vintage Silverware Garden Marker Stamped Plant Stake
Artist's Note: As featured in Anthropologie! Now get your own personalized garden marker. You choose the piece and the word! The possibilities are only limited to what you can think of. You think it, I'll make it! All pieces are silver plated and will tarnish, becoming more "gardeny" over time.
Shop: TwiddleLee
Product: Blue Charm Bracelet Made From Upcycled Plastic Bottles
Artist's Note: "This beautiful charm bracelet was made using my handmade upcycled plastic bottle charms. I have hand cut, melted and formed each individual charm to create this stunning bracelet that jingles as you wear it. I have received many compliments on the one I wear; people say it looks like a really expensive piece of jewelry."



I love all these items! Thank you so much for including me!
ReplyDeleteHa funny you should write about that. I just made 2 Cushions from sweaters I had knitted. But I am keeping them...sentimental value. You can see them on my Blog though
ReplyDeletegreat share....fabulous items too...have a super week!
ReplyDeleteenjoy *~*
Cassie and I are long time fans of the up-cycling concept and often use old, vintage or 'rubbish' materials in our creations. We both have blogs for a glimpse inside the creative processes behind Twisted Whimsey.
ReplyDeleteI love the concept for this blog and I'm sure it will inspire us to be even more green.
Hope you can spare the time to come and visit our blogs too. Links are on our Etsy hopme page.
kind regards jo
Hi- I found you on the Etsy Alpaca team and just started following your awesome blog!
ReplyDeleteJust found your through the etsy team forum, love your blog! I love upcycled items - great finds!
ReplyDelete